Saturday 17 December 2016

The Division is divided and conquered.




Well, that’s the first dirty 30 game completed. After 45 hours of shooting and looting, that’s Tom Clancy’s The Division completed.

I actually got The Division free with my GTX980 in April, about a month after it was released. Early impressions were that it wasn’t my cup of tea. I’m not the best shooter and after dying one too many times I just put it to one side and forgot about it.

Then I saw some gameplay footage of the Survival mode and it again piqued my interest. So in November I started it up again and I’m very glad I did.

OK, there is no real narrative other than go there-shoot-get the loot. But after about 10 hours and I started to get the mechanics of the game I really started to enjoy it. I’ve not really touched the Dark Zone and after getting the season pass for £11 in the black Friday sales I’ve got some more content to get to. I’ve reached World Tier 2 now with a decent selection of high end gear to do some of the end game stuff.

All in all. The Division is a solid 8/10 and in my top five for GOTY 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment